Wednesday, December 1, 2010

college killed my brain

Sadly the number of posts on this blog has experienced a decline correlated to the amount of time I've been in college. As I reach this point (14 days until graduation), my intellectual curiosity for things I learn in school has reached an all-time low of near-zero. These days, it takes a lot to motivate me to think beyond the rote information that I have to learn. Which is sad because I used to be a really deep-thinking person, mentally extrapolating on everything I learned in school and feeling like I was never given enough information. Now I feel like the information deluge has totally saturated me, and there's no where left to stuff the bits that are still raining down in my last few classes.

My brain was so empty and hopeful in high school; now it is full of half-understood facts and scientist names and very little of the abstract thinking that used to define it.

Sad. I can only pray that it will come back after I graduate between graduation and my MD-PhD program. Because I really miss it, and I'm just not happy with learning when I'm like this which is really tragic to me because i know how exciting learning can be. I usually tend to think more over the summer, so hopefully that will happen when I go home in two weeks.

No comments: